Saturday, March 31, 2012

Some Favorite Songs Of 2012...So Far (January-March)

Well, we're three months into the new year and I thought today I'd give myself, and readers, a look back at some of my favorites from the first quarter of the year. Below are listed a random 23 songs (no ordering yet) that have got my attention. Put together, it's a sampler (or an old school mixed tape) of songs that have the best chance of making the end of year list. A few of these same artists have a few other songs that I'm enjoying a lot, but I thought I'd keep it a song per artist for a rundown of favorites. Will they hold up to the rest of the year's offerings? Time will tell. I'll try to do the same at the end of June and/or September. Artists I may or may not be checking in the next quarter (my check list) include: Bear In Heaven (listening to now on NPR), Jack White, Here We Go Magic, Alabama Shakes, Beach House, Best Coast, Brad, Suckers, Garbage, Sun Kill Moon, Metric and Hot Chip...and probably the latest Justin Townes Earle.

But today, let's celebrate making it through the first three months of the year. A link to Spotify is provided below and can be found on station to station's Twitter and Facebook pages. Enjoy! Let me know what you've enjoyed the most this year so far.

1. White Rabbits-Danny Come Inside
2. Sleigh Bells-Comeback Kid
3. Hospitality-Friends Of Friends
4. The Shins-Simple Song
5. Tennis-Origins
6. The Men-Turn It Around
7. Twilight Sad-Another Bed
8. Cloud Nothings-Stay Useless
9. Young Magic-Sparkly
10. Damien Jurado-Museum Of Flight
11. Sharon Van Etten-We Are Fine
12. First Aid Kit-King Of The World
13. Craig Finn-Rented Room
14. Kathleen Edwards-Change The Sheets
15. Shearwater-Immaculate
16. Field Music-(I Keep Thinking About) A New Thing
17. Porcelain Raft-Drifting In And Out
18. Plants & Animals-Song For Love
19. Lilacs & Champagne-Battling In The City
20. Guided By Voices-The Unsinkable Fats Domino
21. School Of Seven Bells-When You Sing
22. The Duke Spirit-Running Fire
23. The Big Pink-Stay Gold

Spotify Link:
Some Favorite Songs Of 2012...So Far (January-March)

Source: http://www.jhostation.com/2012/03/some-favorite-songs-of-2012so-far.html

This Is Ivy League Supercute! We Are Scientists Katy Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment