Saturday, March 31, 2012

Movie Review: The Hunger Games

I took my 13 year-old daughter to see this movie because she wanted to see it. I went into this movie having little expectations because I had never read the book.

I saw the trailer a while back when I went to see another movie and thought it seemed mildly interesting but didn't really plan on going to see it. Before going to see it, I had read Dave's review of it and he seemed to really like it. However, our movie tastes aren't always the same so, still no real expectations. I also read that it had made a lot of money on its opening day so apparently a lot of people liked it. However, a lot of people also liked Avatar and I did not. So again, no real expectations.

Point being, my low expectations of the movie made it a better movie.

I would not say it is one of the best movies I've ever seen, nor would I saw that, in and of itself, it was an amazing movie.It was good. That's about it.

The story was good. I really like the premise behind it. I would have liked to have known more background but I was told that the book itself didn't really go into the background much either.
Again, having not read the book, I can't say if it was better or worse than the book.

Would I watch it again? Yes.
Would I pay to see it in the theater again? No.
Am I now planning on reading the books. More than likely.

Source: http://otterlimits.blogspot.com/2012/03/movie-review-hunger-games.html

Go Sailor The Weepies Mirah The Velvet Underground

No comments:

Post a Comment