Monday, March 26, 2012

Find me and follow me...

Probably my favorite post in the incredibly short history of sellthelie is Kraig's anniversary post of Easier by Glen Phillps.  I always really liked that it was just a little blurb with an attached song and then the lyrics, with the most meaningful in bold.  Short, simple, beautiful.

I made it a point to someday create a similar post of my own.  I had been waiting for that perfect song that would strike me at just the perfect moment in life, and make everything clear and beautiful and all that.  Well, life's short and I want to do this, so here's meaning for ya:

Riding around in my roommate's car over the Fourth of July weekend had me listening to a blast from the semi-recent past: Franz Ferdinand.  My roomie was (and sort of still is) in love with their self-titled debut, so we were rockin' it in his Honda Civic.  After having the infamous Michael of "come and dance with my Michael"-fame forced upon me, we moved on to The Dark of the Matinee.  After hearing and finally fully understanding the lyrics, it dawned on me that my new favorite lyric is something I have done and, in fact, still do.  Ya, it's weird, but I actually find it sort of romantic.  And it lets me continue living the dream that, secretly, she's doing the same thing.

Franz Ferdinand - The Dark of the Matinee

Take your white finger

Slide the nail under the

Top and bottom buttons of my blazer

Relax the fraying wool, slacken ties and I'm

Not to look at you in the shoe,

But the eyes, find the eyes

 

Find me and follow me through corridors, refectories

and files you must follow, leave this academic factory

You will find me in the matinee

The dark of the matinee

It's better in the matinee

The dark of the matinee is mine

Yes it's mine

 

Time every journey to bump into you, accidentally

I charm you and tell you of the boys I hate

All the girls I hate

All the words I hate

All the clothes I hate

How I'll never be anything I hate

You smile, mention something that you like

or How you'd have a happy life if you did the things you like

 

(Chorus)

 

So I'm on BBC2 now, telling Terry Wogan how I made it and

What I made is unclear now, but his deference is and his laughter is

My words and smile are so easy now

Yes, It's easy now

Yes, It's easy now

 

(Chorus)

 

Buy some: Amazon | iTunes
Visit them online: Official | Myspace

Source: http://www.sellthelie.com/?q=node/362

April March Kerli Interpol The Helio Sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment