Monday, March 19, 2012

Cover This: Pete Yorn-Surfer Girl (Beach Boys Cover)

Pete Yorn covers the Beach Boys' "Surfer Girl". On paper it doesn't make sense to me. Yorn isn't the man to pull off sun drenched harmonies, or is he? Yorn pulls it off wonderfully, all sun-drenched and full of yearning passion. The instrumentation makes you feel warm inside and ready to break out of your winter doldrums. Pete drew inspiration from the Grammy's Sunday night:

From Pete Yorn:
?Watching last nights Grammy?s made me wanna share this with you?.I recorded this (one of my all time favorite songs) a few months ago as part of a record of cover songs I?m putting together?.perhaps you have seen me sing this song during past live shows?..this is SURFER GIRL?.? (courtesy: thatericalper.com)

"Musicforthemorningafter" has always had a special place in my heart and I've followed Yorn closely in the years that have followed. I'm looking forward to a covers album from Yorn if he can pull off covers like this. Enjoy! We're halfway through February and winter. Dream of the surf.....

Source: http://www.jhostation.com/2012/02/cover-this-pete-yorn-surfer-girl-beach.html

Two Door Cinema Club of Montreal Lush Miike Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment