Thursday, June 28, 2012

Tuesday's Top Ten: Cold War Classics

May 1st is the beginning of a new month also knows as May Day. The date makes me think of the Cold War so today station to station hands out 10 songs addressing the Cold War. There are a ton of songs dealing with the Cold War, but I'm just going to throw these 10 out because they raise awareness and nostalgia more than any others. At least they do for me. Makes for an interesting mix as well. "I'm looking over the wall and they're looking at me" from the mouth of Johnny Rotten strikes the hardest.

1. Sex Pistols-Holidays In The Sun
2. Ramones-Bonzo Goes To Bitburg
3. Nena-99 Luft Balloons
4. After The Fire-Der Kommissar
5. Ultravox-Dancing With Tears In My Eyes
6. Styx-Cold War
7. U2-New Year's Day
8. Elton John-Nikita
9. Fishbone-Party At Ground Zero
10. Scorpions-Winds Of Change

Source: http://www.jhostation.com/2012/05/tuesdays-top-ten-cold-war-classics.html

Grizzly Bear (band) Tegan and Sara Monkey Swallows the Universe Heavenly

No comments:

Post a Comment