Monday, June 18, 2012

NHL Roundup 3.26.12

Holy cow! It's been a long time since I did one of these. Guess I should keep my 2 hockey fan readers up to date since the playoffs are just around the corner.

EASTERN CONFERENCE STANDINGS

Atlantic
Rangers
Penguins
Flyers
Devils
Islanders

Northeast
Bruins
Senators
Sabres
Maple Leafs
Canadiens

Southeast
Panthers
Capitals
Jets
Lightning
Hurricanes

WESTERN CONFERENCE STANDINGS

Central
Blues
Red Wings
Predators
Blackhawks
Blue Jackets

Northwest
Canucks
Avalanche
Flames
Wild
Oilers

Pacific
Stars
Sidenote: I've been trying to figure out for a while why Dallas is considered part of the Pacific Division. I finally decided to look it up. I figured, surely they were just moved from another city that rightly belonged to the "Pacific" division. Lo and behold, the Dallas Stars were originally the.............Minnesota North Stars. So the division confusion is still on.
Coyotes
Kings
Sharks
Mighty Ducks

STATS LEADERS

Points Leaders
Evgeni Malkin (Pittsburgh) - 97
Steven Stamkos (Tampa Bay) - 87
Claude Giroux (Philadelphia) - 86

Goals Leaders
Stamkos (Tampa Bay) - 52
Malkin (Pittsburgh) - 46
Marian Gaborik (New York Rangers) - 37

Wins Leaders
Pekka Rinne (Nashville) - 41
Marc-Andre Fleury (Pittsburgh) - 41
Henrik Lundqvist (New York Rangers) - 35

Save Percentage Leaders
Ty Conklin (Detroit) - 1.000
Semyon Varlamov (Colorado) - .917
Jimmy Howard (Red Wings) - .842
Tim Thomas (Boston) - .842

ESPN NHL Power Rankings (Top 10)
Pittsburgh Penguins
St Louis Blues
New York Rangers
Nashville Predators
Vancouver Canucks
Philadelphia Flyers
Boston Bruins
Chicago Blackhawks
Detroit Red Wings
Buffalo Sabres

And so here are my personal picks for who is going to win each division/conference:

In the Atlantic Division, I believe that the Penguins will beat out the Rangers for the top spot.
In the Northeast, I'm picking the Bruins.
In the Southeast, I'll have to go with the Panthers, even though I don't like them.
Overall, in the Western Conference, I'll have to go with the Pittsburgh Penguins.

In the Central Division, my money (figuratively, I don't bet on hockey) is on the Red Wings.
In the Northwest, I'm definitely picking the Canucks 4th highest points in the league!
In the Pacific, I'll have to go with the Coyotes.
Overall, in the Eastern Conference, I'm picking the Vancouver Canucks.

Finally, in the Stanley Cup finals, I'm going with the Canucks over the Stars.

Source: http://otterlimits.blogspot.com/2012/03/nhl-roundup-32612.html

Neva Dinova Jens Lekman Tilly and the Wall Rogue Wave

No comments:

Post a Comment