Saturday, November 20, 2010

Twenty Two by Wakey!Wakey!

 When I first got an e-mail with this dude starting at me through my monitor I chuckled a bit.  I mean, seriously - who does he think he is?  I recognized him from that lame show my wife watches, One Tree Hill, and thought that'd be the end of it.

Of course, I received another e-mail with just an album cover and ended up giving it a listen....low and behold, this is why you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.  Or, rather an album by it's cover.  Umm...I guess an album by it's cover-boy?  That's it.  That's the ticket!

Anywho, what I'm getting around too hear is Wakey!Wakey! - a nice little indie-pop(ish) band that should help brighten up a case of the Mondays (or Tuesdays in this case, since some of us had a late start to the week due to the Holiday).  They just released their second album, and the lead off single "Twenty-Two" is pretty damn catchy.  

All you kids who like your Vampire Weekend and your Grizzly Bear (and other animal named bands) will dig what you hear.  Take a listen, smile with those "uh-oh, oh oh"s.  You'll love it.

The full album is streaming over at AOL.

Visit Wakey!Wakey! online:  Official | Myspace

Buy their music:  iTunes | Amazon

Source: http://www.sellthelie.com/?q=node/358

Mae Vampire Weekend[1] Young and Sexy The Main Drag

No comments:

Post a Comment