Friday, November 26, 2010

Tuesday's Top Ten: U2 Albums


The guys from Ireland have had their fair shake of successful albums, 12 long player originals to be exact. Time to sort them out on this top ten. And the first two are interchangeable, but I guess I got to shake one to first right? And "Pop" and "October" missed the cut...so no mentions of "Miami" or "Gloria". Here's my top ten:

1. Joshua Tree (1987)
Favorite Single: With Or Without You
Favorite Jukebox Single: Where The Streets Have No Name
Unpolished Gem: One Tree Hill
Memorable Line: I See Seven Towers, But I Only See One Way Out (Running To Stand Still)


2. Achtung Baby (1991)
Favorite Single: One
Favorite Jukebox Single: The Fly
Unpolished Gem: Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
Memorable Line: A Woman Needs A Man, Like A Fish Needs A Bicycle (Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World)


3. War (1983)
Favorite Single: New Year's Day
Favorite Jukebox Single: Sunday Bloody Sunday
Unpolished Gem: Seconds
Memorable Line: Can't Stop The Dance/Maybe, This Is Our Last Chance (Two Hearts Beat As One)


4. Zooropa (1993)
Favorite Single: Stay (Faraway, So Close)
Favorite Jukebox Single: Lemon
Unpolished Gem: The First Time
Memorable Line: Some Days Are Bouncers That Won't Let You In (Some Days Are Better Than Others)


5. All That You Can't Leave Behind (2000)
Favorite Single: Beautiful Day
Favorite Jukebox Single: Elevation
Unpolished Gem: In A Little While
Memorable Line: I Want You To Know, That You Don't Need Me Anymore (Kite)

6. Boy (1980)
Favorite Single: I Will Follow
Favorite Jukebox Single:Out Of Control
Unpolished Gem: An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Memorable Line: Sometimes The Hero Takes Me/Sometimes I Can't Let Go (Stories For Boys) 


7. The Unforgettable Fire (1984)
Favorite Single: Bad
Favorite Jukebox Single: The Unforgettable Fire
Unpolished Gem: Wire
Memorable Line: Colors Clash Collide In The Twilight (Bad)


8. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (2004)
Favorite Single: Vertigo
Favorite Jukebox Single: City Of Blinding Lights
Unpolished Gem: Original Of The Species
Memorable Line: I Need To Let You Know, You Don't Have To Go It Alone (Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own)

9. Rattle and Hum (1988) 
Favorite Single: All I Want Is You
Favorite Jukebox Single: Desire
Unpolished Gem: Hawkmoon 269
Memorable Line: Don't Believe In The Uzi That Just Went Off In My Hand (God Part II)

10. No Line On The Horizon (2010)
Favorite Single: Magnificent
Favorite Jukebox Single: Get On Your Boots
Unpolished Gem: Moment Of Surrender
Memorable Line: It's Not A Hill, It's A Mountain (I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Crazy Tonight)

Source: http://www.jhostation.com/2010/11/tuesdays-top-ten-u2-albums.html

PAS/CAL Steve Adey Ladytron Magneta Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment