Friday, August 17, 2012

Oregon (50 Songs For 50 States)

When I visit Oregon someday, I want to find a seedy old bar, preferably in Portland. I will look for a jukebox. In that jukebox I will look for Loretta Lynn's "Van Lear Rose" LP. After I locate it, I will select her duet with Jack White "Portland, Oregon." I will then meet my wife back at the table where she'll have a pitcher of slow gin fizz waiting for us. Then we will sing in gleeful unison:

Well Portland Oregon and sloe gin fizz
If that ain't love then tell me what is
Well I lost my heart it didn't take no time
But that ain't all. I lost my mind in Oregon


At some point by the end of the night, we'll leave the bar..but before we do, we'll see if we can get the bartender to follow the same prescription that Jack and Loretta serve up at the end of "Portland, Oregon."

Well sloe gin fizz works might fast
When you drink it by the pitcher and not by the glass
Hey bartender before you close
Pour us one more drink and a pitcher to go


And then maybe we'll visit some rose gardens the next day.....after we loved enough for the both of us. Here's to you Oregon, sincerely, Loretta Lynn and Jack White.


Source: http://www.jhostation.com/2012/06/oregon-50-songs-for-50-states.html

MGMT Two Door Cinema Club of Montreal Lush

No comments:

Post a Comment