Sunday, July 29, 2012

Washington State 2012 Endorsements

I?m not sure if I still have any readers in Washington State but if I do, I want to let you know that I do still, in fact, follow politics in Washington and like to keep up with what is going on up there. This includes following, to the best of my ability, any of the upcoming political races. With that in mind, here is a short list of my endorsements for some key races in Washington State.

First, in the gubernatorial election, my endorsement goes to the current State Attorney General, Rob McKenna. Any one that has ever read this blog knows that I am not a fan of his opponent Jay Inslee. He was a terrible Congressman and he will make a terrible Governor. I believe Rob would make a good Governor because I think that after 8 years of the policies of Christine Gregoire, the state could not survive another 4 years of that exact same kind of leadership. You can learn more about Rob at his website here.

For United States Senate, I support Dr. Art Coday in his battle against Democratic Senator Maria Cantwell. First off, I have to say that Senator Cantwell is just bad for Washington. Always has been. Always will. Not only that, she is bad for the country. Her voting record is horrible and my past interactions with her as a Washington State resident were always difficult. That being said, Dr. Coday is an amazing guy and if I can not say enough good things about him. I met him several times when I lived there when he was considering a run in the Senate against Patty Murray in 2010. Great person. His experience in health care and ideas on how to reform health care are great advantages that the country could use in the U.S. Senate. Read about Dr. Coday here.

In Washington?s 1st Congressional District, I am endorsing John Koster. I?m not going to go too far into my reasons for endorsing him. I just think he is the right man to replace Jay Inslee, who resigned to run for Governor. You can read more about him here.

For State Auditor, my endorsement goes to James Watkins. James ran against Jay Inslee for Congress back in 2010 and unfortunately was not successful. Having met James several times when I lived up there, I really like James. He seems like a really down to earth, humble, decent man. He has a strong head for business and I think he could bring a lot to the office. Read about him here.

For Washington State Attorney General, I endorse Reagan Dunn.  Mr. Dunn is currently a member of the King County Council and stands strong for transparency in government. As far as qualifications for this specific office, he is a former federal prosecutor that did time with the U.S. Attorney's Office in Seattle. Read about him here.

Here are endorsements for a couple of the local races that I'm following:

In Washington State's 35th Senate District, I endorse Dan Griffey. Mr. Griffey is currently a firefighter and will be a true statesman and representative of the people of Washington State. Read about him here.

In Washington State's 39th State House District, I endorse Elizabeth Scott. I have known Mrs Scott and her family for several years and even worked on her campaign a bit in 2010 (before I moved back to Oklahoma). Elizabeth is a true defender of life, liberty and property. Read about her here.

Well that is it for now. I might throw some more up here as I read more about some certain people.




Source: http://otterlimits.blogspot.com/2012/07/washington-state-2012-endorsements.html

MGMT Two Door Cinema Club of Montreal Lush

No comments:

Post a Comment