Thursday, October 28, 2010

Soulful Disney Bubblegum

Now, some reminiscing! That coming from a twenty-something (me) tends to deal with childhood, which is no surprise, I think. I was just watching Nostalgia Critic (fun show, check it out) and came across an episode of the catchiest children's TV theme songs from of the 80s and 90s. Number one on that list was DuckTales.. At that point, I got really excited because I had not heard the song for over 15 years. Gee, it was so good I had to listen to it many, many times.

The DuckTales theme is basically soul music.. With lousy drums and great horns ? and an impeccable melody! Being a theme song written for a children's Saturday morning cartoon it is of course bubblegum music too, a wonderful addition to the collection of excellent bubblegum TV themes.

If I remember correctly, when I was a kid DuckTales was also my favorite cartoon. The whole show with 100 episodes even seems to be on YouTube. Now I know what to do with my spare time... In addition to all this, I suddenly got really interested in cartoon music and other great TV tunes (for children). There isn't probably a collection of ?most fabulous children's TV themes? but Disney soundtracks may be a good place to start...

Source: http://thoughtsonmelody.blogspot.com/2010/08/soulful-disney-bubblegum.html

Tiger Trap Georgie James The Pastels Miou Miou

No comments:

Post a Comment